2016-2017 Cheer Team Safety Guidelines, Rules & Age Divisions
2016-2017 Dance Team Safety Guidelines, Rules & Age Divisions
2016-2017 Cheer * Dance Programs
No BIDS Necessary to attend the 2016-2017 Texas Open Nationals in Humble, TX
March 10-12, 2017-Humble Civic Center
- All-Star Programs: Teams consisting of member’s males or females with a primary goal in mind to perform or compete and in no way represent a school or sport, members may be from various schools or same schools. Teams are coached by a paid professional and works out in a private studio or gym. (USASF Rules and Guidelines Apply).
- All-Star Prep: Some people may prefer to this division as All-Star Rec. All-Star Prep Cheer are teams developed or formulated as an alternative to traditional all-star teams. These teams do not have the same participation and/or commitment as a traditional all-star team. They are generally comprised of athletes with limited opportunity to cheer for a traditional all-star counterpart. All-Star Prep Cheer teams ARE affiliated with an all-star program.
- School: Teams consisting of member’s males/females that are enrolled in the school they are representing. (AACCA Safety Guidelines Apply).
- Dance Studio: A team that is trained in a dance studio by a paid professional dance instructor and not affiliated with a Cheer/Dance/ or gymnastics team.
- Youth Rec: A community team that may or may not cheer for an organized or league sport and is not formed for the primary purpose of competing. Coaches are non-paid, and or non-professional. AACCA Safery Guideline Apply.
- College: Team members must be currently enrolled at the Institution they are representing at the time of performance. (AACCA Safety Guideline Apply).
- Show Teams Teams will consist of members Youth & Below. Show Teams do not compete but each member will receive a trophy or medallion.
- Exhibition Teams -Teams will consist of members Junior & Up. Exhibition Teams do not compete but each member will receive a trophy or medallion.
- Parent Teams – Athlete Parent or Guardians.
- Special Needs Teams – Compete FREE.
*Deductions are determined by the Judging Panel. All judges decisions are FINAL.